Level A Critical Analysis (100 points)
Level C (70 points) + Level B (15 points) + 15 points chosen from the following activities
- Moderate an online discussion conference.
- pose a juicy discussion question
- create a conference in which your peers can discuss the question
- respond to the points made in the discussion
- write a report at the end of the discussion. The report should include discoveries and points made by your peers in the discussion as well as your analysis of their conclusions. There must be some evidence of research to support your analysis. (15) See the no books! discussion for an example of a discussion conference.
- Research and analyze the changes that have taken place in Afghanistan since September 11, 2001. Some questions to think about are:
- Do we know more about Afghanistan now than we did before?
- Has this knowledge caused any harm in our own society?
- What are the positive and negative effects of the changes in Afghanistan on the people who live there?(15)
- The royalites from The Breadwinner are being donated to Women for Women in Afghanistan. This is an organization that helps educate girls in refugee camps located in Pakistan.
- Conduct a research project on the education of girls in Afghanistan.
- Prepare a report on your findings and analyze all of the elements that make the existance of groups like Women for Women in Afghanistan necessary.
- Find out if there are other places in the world where an organization like this one could be needed and propose a plan for helping them.
- Click on YouthNOISE to get yourself started.
Level C Basic Understanding
Level B Application
Level A Critical Analysis
Return to The Breadwinner Web Project Outline
Return to Enhancing Student Learning Through Layered Web Projects