Level C (120 points)+ 60 points chosen from the following activities
- Choose at least three pieces of music that you feel would reflect the mood of three different poems you read. Indicate the songwriters/composers and why you chose each piece. (20)
- Compose a letter to one of the poets you read. Convey why you liked or disliked his or her poems. You must include references to lines from the poems as well as to the kind of poetic language the poet used. Click here for some tips.(20)
- Write an illustrated poem. Include an explanation that describes the different elements of poetry you used in the writing of your poem. Click here for some tips (20)
- Create a slide presentation which compares and contrasts 2 of the poems you read. You can discuss any aspect of the poems but you must include a discussion of theme and language.
- Compose a series of poems and/or songs in response to 1 of the poems you have read. You must create a minimum of 4 response poems. The poems/songs do not have to be long, but they should communicate clearly the theme and mood of the poem to which you are responding. You can present these poems/songs in any way you like: video, written text, audio tape, rap performance,...
Level C Basic Understanding
Level B Application
Level A Critical Analysis
Return to Poetry Unit Web Project Outline
Return to the main page